Naval Wargaming Books
Books marked MH are “must have” books that I consider essential for serious Naval wargamers. If you want to buy a book, please click on the link. It costs you nothing and returns a tiny pittance to me. If the Amazon page tells you that the book is not available, this just means that I get no commission if you buy the book. Search Amazon for the title and it will usually come up.
- Fletcher Pratt’s Naval Wargame Wargaming With Model Ships 1900-1945 by John Curry and Fletcher Pratt
- The Fred Jane Naval War Game (1906) including the Royal Navy’s Wargaming Rules (1921) by John Curry and Fred Jane
- Phil Dunn’s Sea Battle Games Naval Wargaming 1650-1945 by Phil Dunn and John Curry
- Phil Dunn’s Fury at Sea Rapid Naval Wargaming Including Paddy Griffith’s One-Eyed Napoleonic Naval Rules by John Curry, Paddy Griffith and Phil Dunn
- The Coast Artillery War Game (1916) Early Naval Wargaming by John Curry (Author), Major William Chamberlaine (Contributor)
- Sea Battles in Miniature by Paul Hague
Fletcher Pratt’s Naval Wargame Wargaming With Model Ships 1900-1945 by John Curry and Fletcher Pratt
MH The most famous of the early naval wargames. Still a lot of fun.
The Fred Jane Naval War Game (1906) including the Royal Navy’s Wargaming Rules (1921) by John Curry and Fred Jane
The other famous early naval wargame. A fun game with an interesting combat resolution mechanic.